Let's Build It! 2020 WATVA Annual Meeting & Convention
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Update
On March 18th, 2020 the WATVA Board of Directors called a special meeting to discuss the latest news regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the impact it might have on our upcoming 2020 Let's Build It! workshops and annual meeting in Stevens Point. We are taking this matter very seriously, as we want to ensure the safety of our membership and the general public.
After our discussions and reviewing CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) information and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services safety protocols (https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/coronavirus.htm), we have determined our workshops will fall outside the suggested guidelines, thus our board has decided to postpone with planning our convention on April 3rd, 4th & 5th.
The new dates are December 4th - 6th. We will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation throughout the summer. During the event, we will follow CDC guidelines for social distancing practices.
Hotel reservations are now open for the rescheduled date.
Let's Build It! Sponsors
The Wisconsin ATV / UTV Association would like to thank this years dealership sponsors! If you're looking for a home dealership, you'll definitely want to check out one of the following dealerships.
905 Oak Ave S
Onalaska, WI 54650
Action Power Sports
S14W22605 Coral Dr
Waukesha, WI 53186
Cedar Creek Motorsports
7518 WI-60 Trunk
Cedarburg, WI 53012
Marinette, WI 54143
1589 Greenway Cross
Madison, WI 53713
4196 S Woodcrest Ridge Dr
West Bend, WI 53095
2794 Marine Dr
Oshkosh, WI 54901
1355 E Main St
Reedsburg, WI 53959
404 N U.S. Hwy 141
Crivitz, WI 54114
W2520 County Hwy JJ
Kaukauna, WI 54130
601 Co Rd Y
Johnson Creek, WI 53038
1890 Mid Valley Dr
De Pere, WI 54115
5827 Green Valley Rd
Oshkosh, WI 54904
Richland Center, WI 53581
2449 S Prairie View Rd
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Friday, December 4th - Reception
Let's Network! Our Friday evening reception includes a cash bar and time to network with other club leaders, agency partners and learn about other our friends in the 4-wheel drive community.
Saturday, December 5th - Workshops
- Let's Plan It! - A workshop for planning your project. From permits to engineering costs, this workshop discusses various tools you'll need to plan a successful project.
- Let's Fund It! - Funding is a major part of building any project. Learn about the current funding status and how to utilize DNR resources for funding your project.
- Let's Build It! - Building a trail is more complex than one might think. Check out the factors that go into building a trail.
- Let's Sign It! - Keeping your riders on the right path will help keep folks safe as well as promote a positive image for your area. Learn about signing requirements and hear from sign vendors about their products.
- Let's Promote It! - Working with the Department of Tourism and local tourism organizations can bring out of area riders to your trail. Learn about the tools and techniques available to clubs and land managers to promote their riding area.
- Let's Enforce It! - Enforcement and education will help keep a trail open. Learn about how your club can work with various law enforcement agencies as well as adapt the Trail Ambassador program to assist with community policing and positive education.
- Let's Share It! - Joint ATV / Snowmobile clubs are growing around Wisconsin. Learn and hear about clubs that have taken the shared use approach and discuss how your club has or is planning to join together to represent both ATV and Snowmobile recreation.
Also check out some of the other workshops including:
- Trail Communications - Can you hear me now? This workshop looks at various two-way communication tools you can utilize including CB Radio, FMS / GMRS, HAM Radio and other long range tools.
- Road Routes - A town hall style workshop where clubs can collaborate on various road route issues.
- Club Marketing - What tools are available for your club to promote events, membership and the positive things going on in your community? Hear from experienced club leaders about how they utilize various marketing tools to promote their sport.
We still have more workshops being planned, so stay tuned!
|||Expo 1 - Let's Build It
||Expo 2 - ATV / UTV Trails||Expo 3 - Meals||Expo 4 - General Audience||Sands / Spruce Room|
|8:00 a.m.||||||||Let's Plan It!|
|9:00 a.m.||Let's Fund It!||Club Marketing||||Slow Speed Trails||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|10:00 a.m.||Let's Build It!||Trail Communications||||Overlanding & Tour Routes||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|11:00 a.m.||Let's Sign It!||Let's Share It!||||Long Distance Communication||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|2:00 p.m.||Let's Patrol It!||Let's Promote It!||||RL4WD Annual Meeting||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|3:00 p.m.||Let's Enforce It!||||||WC4WD Annual Meeting||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|4:00 p.m.||||WATVA Annual Meeting||||WC4WD Annual Meeting||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|5:00 p.m.||||||||||WC4WD Meet & Greet|
|6:00 p.m.||||||Awards Banquet|||||
|7:00 p.m.||||||Awards Banquet|||||
|8:00 p.m.||||||Awards Banquet|||||
|9:00 p.m.||||||Awards Banquet|||||
Sunday, December 6th - Review
It's time to wrap up the weekends activity with a town-hall style review. During this meeting we will discuss what we liked, didn't like and plans for the remainder of the year / next years annual meeting. This session is open to the public as we love to hear feedback on how you enjoyed (or didn't) the annual convention.